SomaYoga & Somatics Intensive Curriculum:
This 20 hours course is eligible for Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance and IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists)
By the end of the course students will :
- Understand exactly what SomaYoga is: the blending of somatics, therapeutic yoga and classic asana.
- Learn the SomaYoga Principles and Methodology to enable them to bring this work into their own practice, group sessions and private practice.
- Learn how to integrate the yogic mind maps to understand how your mind, and conscious and unconscious beliefs present in the body.
- Gain a basic understanding of the role the nervous system and the brain have in affecting our movement patterns and recurring pain and tension.
- Learn the basic Physiology & Pathology of the three Habitual Reflex Patterns that contribute to recurring pain and tension in the body.
- Learn how to teach a SomaYoga class so that you can incorporate this methodology into your current practice.
- Discover how powerful the SomaYoga Methodology is to reducing and resolving tension and pain in your own body or with your client