By the end of the 20 hour course you will learn:
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor and the relationship it has to: The diaphragm, Jaw, The Breath and Core stability
- How pelvic health is connected to chronic tension and pain.
- Understanding how the brain habituates stress, trauma and repetitive movement patterns in the body and how this shows up in 3 main reflex patterns.
- The basics of the neuroscience of Somatics
- SomaYoga Concepts and Terms: Sensory Motor Amnesia and Pandiculation
- Why Sensory Motor Amnesia has to be considered as a diagnosis for pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Practices to bring cortical awareness and control to all four quadrants of the pelvic floor.
- What the core stability container is and its relationship to breath, movement and load.
- Experience practices for restoring optimal pelvic floor health and functional stability.