SomaYoga Foundations Course
May 22 @ 5:00 pm - May 24 @ 9:00 pm EDT$495.00
Take your professional practice to the next level with this proven and groundbreaking method.
So you’ve been practicing and teaching yoga for some time now, or maybe you are an experienced physical therapist of some kind (like a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Massage Therapist, Osteopath, Chiropractor).
You are great at what you do and have a serious passion for supporting clients to feel ease in their bodies and their minds.
But something’s missing.
You feel you could be doing more to help your clients truly move on from chronic and persistent pain, you have an inkling there are some new techniques that could help you take your practice even further and ultimately get even better outcomes for your clients.
Then you are in the right place.
This 20 hour continuing education course will teach the Foundations of SomaYoga.
SomaYoga is a synergy of Somatics, therapeutic yoga and classic asana that helps us work towards smarter muscles, more functional movement and lasting pain resolution. This approach blends neuroscience, philosophy and core practices of Somatics to revolutionize your approach to physical practice and teaching.
This course will introduce you to the concepts and practices you need to start integrating this methodology into your own personal practice, into your classes or therapeutic sessions.
Using SomaYoga Foundations you can enhance or reinvent your yoga/therapeutic practice to support your clients to:
- Bring greater awareness to their body and muscles as they go through their practice or session, re-educating muscles and movement patterns to support deeper and more long-term healing.
- Nourish the nervous system by truly relaxing into their rest and digest mode for the most benefit during your sessions.
- Learn about how stress, trauma and habituated movement patterns create pain in the body.
- Retrain healthy movement patterns so they move more functionally and pain free.
- Finally kick that persistent pain for good and move into more freedom, movement and fun.
This intensive training is perfect for:
- Yoga and movement instructors wanting continuing education and to broaden their teaching skills.
- Curious yoga students who want to deepen their body awareness and physical practice, get out of pain, and increase athletic performance.
- Bodyworkers & healers such as PTs, OTs, Chiropractors & Massage Therapists to add a Somatic foundation to their professional skill set.
Are you ready to transform your teaching or therapeutic practice?
Do you want the latest in science backed brain-body tools for your client toolbox?
Friday, May 22, 2020 5-9 pm
Saturday, May 23, 2020 1-9 pm
Sunday May 24, 2020 1-9 pm
Location of course: Mountaingoat Yoga
Investment: $495 + HST
Early Bird $450 + HST (Ends April 12, 2020)
All registrations will be administered by
3350 Fallowfield Rd, Unit 5
Nepean, Ontario K2J 5L1
SomaYoga Foundations Curriculum:
By the end of the 20 hour continuing education course you will:
- Understand exactly what SomaYoga is: a synergy of Somatics, therapeutic yoga and classic asana.
- Learn the SomaYoga Principles and Foundations to enable you to bring this work into your own practice, group sessions and private practice.
- Gain a basic understanding of the role the nervous system and the brain have in affecting our movement patterns and recurring pain and tension.
- Learn the basic Physiology & Pathology of the three Habitual Reflex Patterns that contribute to recurring pain and tension in the body.
- Learn how to teach an awesome SomaYoga class so that you can incorporate this methodology into your current practice.
- Have a deep personal experience with SomaYoga Methodology and how powerful it is to reducing and resolving tension and pain in your own body.
About your Instructors:
Nicole Ablack-Ramkay, B.A., C-IAYT, Somatics Educator
Nicole shares her heartfelt passion for empowering clients to reclaim their connection to themselves through private clinical sessions, group classes and workshops. She has helped thousands of clients reduce and resolve pain by tapping into their ability to deeply listen to the needs of their bodies. She is a firm believer that balance leads to health and so when she is not serving clients you will find her buzzing about the big city enjoying delicious food, spending time with her amazing family, catching up on good Netflix series and nurturing her connection with spirit. Nicole has a private practice based in Toronto, Canada.
| Nicole’s Credentials |
Carrie Meyer, B.Sc. C-IAYT, ERYT-500, Somatics Educator
Carrie has dedicated her career to helping clients resolve pain, deepen self-awareness and connection so they can thrive in their lives. Carrie’s unique passion is that of the problem solver and she loves getting to the root of mind/body discomfort through one-on-one clinic private sessions, in group classes and workshops. Carrie’s passion is fueled by the time she spends in nature adventuring with family. She stays balanced enjoying her many pursuits including deepening self-awareness, dancing, hiking, skiing, biking, stand up paddle boarding and traveling. Carrie has a private practice in Whitehorse, Canada.
| Carrie’s Credentials |